There is no greater lie than a misinterpreted truth.
Lemma of an Irishman
Faith is the belief that everything you know is really not the case.
Oscar Wilde about man and God
While creating man, God slightly overestimated his abilities.
Werner Heisenberg's law
There are things that are so serious that you can only joke about them.
The essence of philosophy is this: start with something so simple that it seems unworthy of formulation, and end with something so paradoxical that no one is ready to believe it.
It's not true that life is one damn abomination after another; in fact, it's one solid damn abomination that keeps on stretching and stretching.
Traditionalists are pessimists about the future and optimists about the past.
Observation of the old gatekeeper
There are very few who reach the intermediate level.
When on the road you meet (once) a fork, do not drive by.
(In English, the word "fork" means both "(dining) fork" and "(road) fork".
Just because you are paranoid does not in itself imply that they have no way of "getting" you.
If you sit at the owner's feet long enough, they will definitely start to smell.
The only true freedom is freedom from having to make choices.
Einstein on life
1. Reality is just an illusion, although very persistent.
2. Imagination is more important than knowledge.
3. The only truly valuable thing is intuition.
4. Everything should be as simple as possible, but not simpler.
5. Common sense is a collection of prejudices acquired by the age of eighteen.
6. Gravity is not responsible for the fact that people fall into each other's arms.
Santayana's first law
Sanity is madness that has been put to good use.
If you get to the very end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on with all your strength.
Arthur Clarke's Law of Evolution
We still need to prove that intelligence has some value in terms of survival.